The Black Mountain Swannanoa Chamber of Commerce is celebrating 95 years of serving our businesses and residents of the “Swannanoa Valley”. Thank you for being a member!
The positive impacts of chamber membership have remained the same and even increased over time. Studies have shown that when consumers know that a small business is a member of the Chamber of Commerce they are 63% more likely to buy from that business. Being active in the local chamber is an effective business strategy. It communicates to consumers that a company uses good business practices, is reputable, cares about its customers, and is involved in the community.
In order to keep up with the growing demand for our services and increasing expenses, we are adjusting our rates by only $50 per year and eliminating the voluntary contributions we previously asked for. We have not had a rate increase since 2010. Complete the membership information update and return with your payment.
Below is a sampling for what you get for your money and the estimated value of each:
● Listing on our website by category, up to 100 words & picture/logo. With links to your web / facebook.
Seen by approximately 10,000 unique visitors per month. Value $300
● Free listing by category in our annual Visitor, Relocation and Member Directory. 15,000 printed – Value $200
● Visitor guide directory mailed daily first class postage to direct inquiries from our website/phone – Value $50
● Free rack space in the Visitor Center which is visited by over 30,000 guests annually – Value-$100
● Receive a weekly newsletter with member news and upcoming events – Value $50
● Invitation to the Monthly “After Hours” and “Biscuit and Business” networking events- $100.
● Supports the Lib Harper Memorial Scholarship Fund. $1000 scholarship given annually.
Other member benefits:
Eligible for Shopping map participation at reduced rate. 50,000 published. Map is distributed in the Mountain Information Rack in 300 locations around WNC. Paid by the Chamber at an annual cost of $1800. Distributed/mailed to area visitor centers and other locations.
10% Discount for a booth at the Sourwood Festival
Discount for commercial insurance
Free Ribbon cutting for members
Community Video on the Website
Advertising and PR in national and local publications.
Your membership investment has an estimated value of over $1000. Value to community Priceless!
The Chamber welcomes your insight and input for future ways to serve our members and the community.
Black Mountain Swannanoa Chamber of Commerce Mission Statement:
Provides, Promotes, Prospers, Locally since 1923
Black Mountain Swannanoa Chamber of Commerce
201 East State Street, Black Mountain NC 28711
669-2300 www.exploreblackmountain.com firstname.lastname@example.org