2023 Black Mountain Christmas Parade Application Guidelines
Date: Saturday, December 2, 2023
Theme: Rocking Around the Christmas Tree
Entry Deadline: Monday, November 20, 2023
Time: Judging: Must be here and READY for Judges by 3 pm. Parade starts at 4 p.m.
Entry Fee: $50 non-refundable fee per entry or per vehicle
Cancellation: Only for un-safe weather conditions
- Lineup begins at 2:30 pm.
- Lineup is first come, first serve. Floats will be assigned their location 3 days prior to the parade.
- Floats and entries will be lined up at Tractor Supply, Black Mountain Elementary School, Super 8 Motel, and Flat Creek Rd.
- Entries who wish to participate in judging must be finished decorating and in their assigned position by 3 pm.
- Awards will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place based on best use of theme.
- All entries should have a sign or banner identifying their organization, church, school, sport, etc.
- Entries are encouraged to use appropriate music and creativity to add to the festive atmosphere of the parade.
- Entries must be decorated appropriate for the theme; no undecorated entries will be allowed
No one may be dressed as Santa or Mrs. Claus.
- Entries shall not be controversial or political in nature.
- Distribution of literature of any kind is prohibited.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.
- All children under the age of 12 must have adult chaperones and must be securely seated
- Participants riding floats must ride inside – no sitting on edges or dangling feet.
- For the safety of children and parade attendees, candy is to be distributed by walkers only. Do not throw candy from the floats.
- Animals must be trained and accustomed to being controlled under parade conditions and
- Horses must be provided with sanitation measures: bagging, diapering, or “scoopers” to follow and clean up waste in the staging/parking areas and along the parade route.
- Units with horses must have the person responsible for clean up behind the animals and sign below that they will follow the rules. Application is not complete and will not be accepted without this signature.
- All vehicles used in the parade MUST be fully insured and driven by licensed
- Motorcycles will ride as a group in front of the parade (Location to be provided).
- Each party agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the other party from and against any and all claims, losses, liability, cost or expenses arising out of bodily injury of any person or property damage, but only to the extent that such claims are caused by negligence, misconduct, or other fault of the Indemnitor, its agents, employees, or contractors.
- Drivers must have a full range of vision or spotters and must maintain a safe speed with a space of 1 car length between entries.
- The parade begins at Flat Creek Road and proceeds west along State Street to Cragmont Road.
- The parade ends at Cragmont Road intersection.
- Large vehicles should proceed on Hwy 70 until they can disburse. Do not turn onto narrow Cragmont Road.
- Smaller vehicles may turn onto Cragmont Road if proceeding to Lake Tomahawk.
- Please do not try to re-enter State Street until all parade entries have disbursed and normal traffic has resumed.
Download Application Here or complete below