Dementia Friendly WNC
Dementia Friendly WNC is a grass roots organization dedicated to creating a community where all members are respected and valued.
- A community that is aware of and understands dementia is accepting and willing to help
- Persons living with dementia and their care partners should have the opportunity for meaningful engagement in community life
- Persons living with dementia and their care partners should have strong family and community support systems to continue living at home.
- Dementia services should reach those who are undeserved
We strive to:
- Listen to the voices of persons living with dementia
- Raise community awareness and change negative attitudes about dementia
- Involve government, healthcare, faith communities, and local businesses in becoming dementia friendly
- Strengthen family and community support systems
- Promote meaningful engagement of persons living with dementia in community life
- Unite community efforts to work together on new models of care