Our Mission & Values
Mission Health is committed to improving the lives and health of the people of western North Carolina. Here is who we are and how we do that.
As western North Carolina’s leader in advanced medical care, we take our responsibility seriously. Our mission, vision and core values guide us as we work to heal our patients, care for every person and improve the health of our entire region.
Our mission is to improve the health and lives of the people of western North Carolina
Our core values, “MERIT,” are the foundation of our workplace and culture:
- Mercy: We work to create a caring and compassionate environment responsive to the emotional, spiritual and physical needs of all persons.
- Excellence: We strive to meet and exceed our patients’ and consumers’ needs, and work collectively to improve every aspect of our care and services.
- Respect: We value the innate dignity of all persons, respect their uniqueness and diversity, and enable the development of each person’s full potential.
- Integrity: We are consistently open, honest and ethical, and abide by our Corporate Compliance Program and integrity statement to always do the right thing by being honest in our interactions with one another, our patients and our business contacts.
- Trust/Teamwork: We say what we mean and do what we say, and work collectively to improve every aspect of our care and services.
Our BIG(GER) Aim
We are driven by Our BIG(GER) Aim, which is to get every person to their desired outcome, first without harm, also without waste and always with an exceptional experience for each person, family and team member. Learn more about your experience and quality of care.
Read the story of how Mission Health started in a five-bedroom house in Asheville, and has grown into the health system that it is today serving western North Carolina with some of the nation’s highest quality and most advanced care.
As a healthcare system, it is our commitment and goal to care for every person, regardless of insurance or their ability to pay. We do this without sacrificing the quality, affordability or accessibility of your care.
Mission Health is committed to diversity, inclusion and health equity by fostering a culture that values differences and similarities. Learn more about Diversity, Inclusion and Health Equity at Mission Health.