Tim Helms Appointed as Interim Director
We have hired an Interim director, Tim Helms.
Tim brings a wealth of knowledge along with Chamber experience. He served as director of the Gaston County Chamber and is a certified Chamber Executive. Tim previously was president of a manufacturing company and has been involved in business education at the community college level. He has extensive leadership experience, including serving as the current Mayor of Montreat. Our shared vision is for Tim to serve in our transition while also helping to guide us strategically; as we look to improve service(s) to you our partners and the great community we serve in the Swannanoa Valley. Please keep an eye out for Tim within the community, he will be meeting with as many partners as he can to gather YOUR input as we plan the future of our chamber.
Thank you for your support!
Our Mission and Purpose
Founded in 1923, the Black Mountain-Swannanoa Chamber of Commerce is organized for the purpose of advancing the general welfare and prosperity of Black Mountain and the Swannanoa Valley, so that its citizens and all areas of its business community shall thrive.
- Governed by a Board of Directors elected by the membership
- Funded by partnership dues, ad sales, and events including the annual Sourwood Festival
Our Purpose in The Community
- Promote Members through marketing opportunities, sponsorships, and networking
- Promote connectivity of businesses and the community to reinforce buying locally, & supporting the local economy
- To serve as a voice for the local business owners and industries with local government and TDA organizations
- Facilitate operations of the Visitor Center which serves over 30,000 visitors annually. One of only two centers in Buncombe County
Chamber Member Benefits
- Free listing on our website by category, up to 100 words, and a picture or logo. over 13,000 visits per Month. Value $1200/yr
- Free listing by category in our annual Visitor, Relocation, and Member Directory over 15,000 printed – distribution in over 350 locations across North Carolina Value $ 500
- Free rack space at the Visitor Center visited by over 30,000 annually – Value-$1200/yr
- Visitor guide directory Sent to inquiries from website/phone – Value $50/mo
- Postings in the weekly newsletter -Value $50
- Free Social Media postings, sharings for events, grand openings, Special offers Value $500-$2000
- 10% Discount for a booth at the Sourwood Festival
- Free Ribbon cutting for members
- Free networking and social events
For more information about who we are, member benefits, and how we can help, we invite you to reach out to us at: email@example.com